This software/driver pack is unofficial, not supported by Creative Labs.
Use it at your own risk.
Supports any model of the following Sound Blaster cards (based on P17X chipset):
- X-Fi Xtreme Audio
- Rocketfish 7.1
- Audigy Value/SE/LS
- Live! 24-bit
- Audigy LS
- Rocketfish 5.1
- SB 5.1 VX
Operating systems supported:
- 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 SP1 / Vista SP2 / XP SP3
Included in the pack:
- Driver for Windows Vista or later 184.108.40.2068 WHQL (X-Fi Xtreme Audio) / 220.127.116.110 WHQL (all other cards)
- Driver for Windows XP: 5.12.01.627 (Audigy LS, Rocketfish 5.1, SB 5.1 VX) / 5.12.01.626 (all other cards)
- ALchemy 1.45.01
- Audio Console 3.01.03
- Entertainment Console 3.01.03
- Host OpenAL 2.02.80
- Volume Panel 2.21.17
Fixes and improvements:
- New integrated Post Driver Install Helper tweaks the driver without tampering certificate.
- Fixed no Headphone (CMSS) mode for SB 5.1VX (Audigy LS with shared Subsystem ID) on Windows Vista or later.
- Fixed noise on 5.1 cards (SB 5.1VX / Audigy LS) on Windows XP.
- Updated many components.
- Driver based on the WHQL release from WindowsUpdate (with Headphone mode/Bass Redirection fixes by me)
- Fixes the Headphone mode resetting to Speakers mode on reboot (all cards, including the X-Fi Xtreme Audio)
Windows Security warning during driver installation on Windows XP
When prompted with "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software", choose "Install this driver software anyway".
Unsupported Audigy LS / Rocketfish 5.1 / SB 5.1 VX features on Windows XP
On Windows XP, 6.1 and 7.1 Speakers configurations are incorrectly available, as those cards do not have the hardware required to support these configurations.
Selecting 6.1 or 7.1 Speakers will automatically reset the configuration to 5.1 Speakers.
Auxiliary and S/PDIF-In record inputs and Microphone +20dB Boost available in the mixer don't work, as those cards do not support the features.
Configuring CMSS on Windows Vista or later
For all supported cards, except the X-Fi Xtreme Audio, Audio Console must be used to configure CMSS, which is not available in the Entertainment Console.
File size: 51.2 MB
CRC32 hash: F4A52E85
SHA-1 hash: 6D50AEC1C002E65D970B43AD6F8E4911A8FBBEEF
All files are property of Creative Technology Ltd, unless otherwise stated.